Moscone Center Terraces – Rules for Use
The Moscone Center has several large terraces with sweeping city views available for your use. These are excellent spaces to catch a few moments of sunshine, engage in impromptu networking, or to create a fully tented VIP experience for your attendees.
Please let your Event Manager know how you'd like to use these spaces.
A few rules and regulations to note as you begin your planning:
- Fire Rules/Regulations
- All Fire Exits from the facility must be maintained.
- Propane may not be transported through the building or freight elevators. Arrangements should be made to transport via outside fire exits from street level.
- Tents that require only Moscone Center Fire Marshal approval:
- Under 700 square feet
- No walls/sides
- No heating/propane use
- Tents that require San Francisco Fire Department permit:
- 700 square feet and above
- Includes walls/sides
- Includes heaters or propane use
- SFFD will require an Engineer stamped drawing for ballast
- Floor load rating for terraces – 100 PSF
- Only single man lifts are approved for use on the terraces. Forklifts & scissor lifts may not be used.
- Floor covering
- Transitions from inside to outside should be protected to prevent cracking/damaging the tiles.
- Coverings should be used to protect tiles from damage including rust marks from any metal equipment.
- Some terraces have furniture already included. This furniture cannot be moved (however you can feel free to add decor or additional seating to augment what is there)
- All seating & tables on terraces should be rental equipment (i.e. Moscone Center equipment may not be used on terraces).
- Only compostable service (no glassware or glass bottling) is permissible
- The terraces are suitable for receptions & lounges. Seated banquet functions are not suggested.
- It is recommended that terraces with food displayed and/or served on them have a tent or canopy over the service area.
- Any outdoor food production areas must be covered by a tent or canopy.
- Amplified sound requires a permit through the City of San Francisco.
- All appropriate union jurisdictions must be followed.
- Smoking is not allowed on any terrace.
- Please be prepared to submit contingency plans in the event of inclement weather.
Usable space diagrams can be found as a layer within our CAD drawings.