Event Contract Security Requirements & Responsibilities
In today’s unpredictable world, safeguarding all those who enter The Moscone Center is a collective responsibility. The facility looks to the Licensee to make safety and security a priority and to implement a sound security plan to protect their attendees.
Your designated security contractor is responsible for providing coverage during move-in days, event days, and move-out days. Coverage should include checking badges as vendors and attendees enter the venue as well as monitoring the assets of the event and vendors associated with the event.
Each event's security contractor must comply with the minimum event staffing requirements set by The Moscone Center. Security staffing should include your exhibits, meetings and sessions, catered functions, show offices, registration areas, and any storage areas. The event's security contractor is responsible for staffing any 24 hour access points required by the event.
Once you have selected and hired a contract security provider, please have them submit the following to Moscone Center Security - see email at left.
- Current California State Private Patrol Operator License
- Certificate of Insurance
Your Contracted Security Company should schedule a walk-through with Moscone Security to review required post areas, and discuss any security or scheduling questions or concerns.
Moscone Security Management will also review the staffing levels you establish with your security contractor to assure that, based on our experience you are providing adequate coverage.
A copy of your security plan and post schedule is due thirty (30) days prior to move-in. This should include:
- Contact information for on-site Management
- dates/times - contracted event security must be onsite for all contracted dates
- post locations
- number of officers total
- special instructions as it relates to your event including any special requirements regarding credentials (wristbands, additional security measures such as bag checks, etc)
- location of after hours/24 hour door for entrance once the building is closed - if requested this must be staffed by contract security
If you have any questions regarding the responsibilities of Contract Security Company please don't hesitate to reach out.